I thought that it was a very attractive and fun place. Â The decor was classy but not pretentious. Â The menu prices are not too expensive. Â I would say this is certainly a higher end of casual dining. Â The food is tasty, especially the duck and the meatloaf. Â The beef stew was delicious but their choice of putting it over ziti noodles was puzzling when mashed potatoes would have been better. Â The service was spotty. Â There are waiter teams, so the person who takes your order, brings your drinks, delivers your food and presents the bill may be different people. Â A downside is that the music is loud although it is good music.
By the way, I also got severe stomach upset from the food (like another reviewer here) but I thought that was because the food very rich. Â A little food goes a long way here.
What do you do when you have an otherwise fine dining experience...and then one of your guests tells you a day later that they suffered food poisoning and had severe GI issues with one of the dishes they had?
Well, I dropped by the restaurant to just inform the manager. But, I was told he was not there and would not return for two hours but that he would return my call. The hostess dutifully took my name and number.
What do you do when you do not get a call back?
This is a restaurant which I have frequented several times over the years and have enjoyed their food.
I enjoyed their food this time. So, did my other guest. Indeed, everything was close to being spot on perfect.
But, I am very troubled by a restaurant operating without a manager on duty when open for business. I am troubled by the lack of getting back to me. We all know restaurants don't make a living out of poisoning their patrons. But, one would think the restaurant would care just a little. Am I being a bit over the top? I really do not know. "Food poisoning is so rare !
I guess my only recourse is to call the Health Department. Maybe they care about poisoning of Sage's patrons. The management certainly doesn't.